Saturday, February 18, 2012

Let's Review A Freelance Writing Site: ContentSPREE Buyers Side

So I finally found the time to write this review of the buyers side of ContentSpree. If you read or watched any of my previous posts then you are familiar with the basics of this new freelance writing site. I spoke with Andrew, the webmaster of CS, about his goals and future plans for this writers-only-website. His excitement and energy about the direction of CS and his genuine desire to provide a better, securer atmosphere for buyer and seller piqued my interest. Over the course of this series of freelance video reviews I have seen Andrew's ideas begin to take shape. This review is going to cover the buyer's side, so I will start with those changes.

Already, over the course of a week, the amount of quality writers available has risen tremendously. When I say quality I mean the exact definition of the word. I have used many other sites to hire proofreaders and editors for my work, as I do not have the best grammar (I am sure some of you have noticed), with typically the same results: digging through dozens of useless bids to, hopefully, find that one person who can actually meet your needs. Then, if your lucky, that one person might complete the project to your liking. That's if your lucky. Andrew and I agreed about the lack of writing specific freelancers on the other websites. It seems CS is on it's way to becoming a hub for talent in an internet field that is rapidly growing.

And I really think that is what Andrew is trying to provide on the buyer's end of CS. A place where the growing masses of internet businessmen and women can find skilled and professional individuals to provide them with intelligently built content.

As I browsed the different categories of writers and read their profiles, I found legitimate credentials in their resumes and flawlessly written articles in their samples. I inspected a few written by a person who claimed to be skilled in SEO and keyword placement. I  know a thing or two about these tactics as well, so I figured I would put his content through the Freelance Mike Inspection for Quality Assurance (actually, I just made that up but I did go over his work thoroughly). I found them to not only have proper keyword density and placement, but to read naturally and flow perfectly. His grammar (as far as I could tell) was impeccable and the point of each article was clearly and concisely made. All in all, ContentSpree does not lack for talent.

One of the main points Andrew made as we spoke was ease-of-use. He certainly achieves that with this Beta version of CS. The site is simple to navigate and easy to traverse. He provides multiple ways to access various areas and it's ridiculously easy to post projects. Want to invite a writer to a job? Simply jump to their profile page and click invite, a box pops up to confirm and they're encouraged to bid through a message sent to their inbox. With notifications, the writer will receive an email as well. If there are a few writers that have worked well in the past or just ones that meet your requirements simply add them to a watch list and they're easily accessible anytime you post a new project.

ContentSpree is still in Beta testing so I'm sure a lot of Andrew's other ideas will be implemented over the coming months. As it is right now, I think CS has the potential to be one of the better freelance writing sites available. And the fact that it is strictly for writers and the buyers that need their work is what I like the best. I believe that the growing market for internet content will help propel CS and Andrew's past experiences and future goals will make it a profitable venue for individuals to ply their written web wares.

Be sure to read and watch the previous segment of this series and my freelance writing reviews.


Until next time, this is Freelance Mike signing off.

No comments :